Assam TET 2017: The education department of Assam government is going to conduct Teachers Eligibility Test Assam 2017 (TET) for Graduate teachers. Applications to appear on the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) are invited from candidates aspiring to Postgraduate Masters in Secondary Education from Assam to Middle Only Assamese.
Teachers Eligibility Test Assam 2017 (TET) for Graduate Teachers in Secondary Schools Assam
Eligibility Criteria for Postgraduate Teachers in Secondary Schools: The Assam Secondary Education Service (Amendment) Rules (2012) have prescribed the modified qualification for direct recruitment to the post of Postgraduate Teachers.
- Graduate teacher has been prescribed as BA / B.Sc / B.Com with 50% marks with B.T./B.Ed. Degree from any recognized university.
- Hindi Teacher: Pravin / Ratna in Hindi with 50% qualifications obtained from any recognized university or B.A. With Hindi as one of the subjects with 50% grades and B.T / B.Ed. Degree from any recognized University. (Candidates must have 50% Grades).
The Department of Secondary Education, Govt. From Assam see Office Memorandum No. ASE.465 / 2011/95 dated 20.09.12 has stated that ‘Hindi Sikshan Parangat‘ and Hindi Sikshan Nishnat ‘conducted by Kendriya Hindi Shikshan Mandal, Agra as equivalent to B.Ed and M.Ed Respectively to teach Hindi in High / Higher Secondary Schools. The same can not be considered as B.Ed. And M.Ed. For other categories of teaching positions.
- Classical (Sanskrit) Teacher: Shastri with 50% of qualifications obtained at any recognized University or B.A with Sanskrit as one of the subjects with 50% of qualifications and B.T / B.Ed. Degree from any recognized University. (Candidates must have 50% Grades.)
- Classical master as Arabic, Urdu, Persian, etc.: MM with 50% grades with any recognized university degree or BA with Arabic as one of the subjects with 50% of qualifications and BT / B.Ed. From any recognized University. (Candidates must have 50% Grades).
- Classical Teacher (Assamese language, Manipuri language): B.A. Honors / Major in the subject area with 50% of B.T. / B.Ed. Degree from any recognized University. (Candidates must have 50% Grades).
(A) B.T / B.Ed. Recognized university degree is a mandatory qualification required to apply for the TET exam.
B) Candidates must have passed the HSLC or equivalent exam with the Assamese languages as one of the subjects or have a diploma in Assamese language issued by Axom Sahitya Sabha or read up to the HSLC level in Assamese middle school provided That in the case of the recruitment of the teacher for the subject MIL, the candidate who passes the HSLC exam with that particular MIL subject will be considered.
(C) Degree qualification means a Bachelor’s degree, no equivalent will be made.
(D) Degree from off campus will not be accepted.
E) Candidates who have applied for the previous announcement vide RMSA / STET / 343/2014/1 dated 30.06.2014 does not have to pay the fee for this TET as long as the applicant has to mention their online application number against the previous notice no. RMSA / STET / 343/2014/1 dated 30.06.2014 in the form.
F) The status of current contractual teachers working under the ‘Strengthening and improving the quality of education in the State’ regime under contractual conditions will remain the same. This TET is conducted to select candidates eligible for appointment to secondary schools, in addition to the strength of this contractual teacher. However, there will be no bar in the submission of the application by eligible and existing contract teachers, if they so wish. It should be noted that the TET requirement for this category of contract teachers in the hiring process of Postgraduate Teachers will be subject to the final result of WA No. 23/2017 and Revision Request No. 14/2017.
(G) The candidate must be a citizen of India and must be a resident of Assam. In addition, Rule 10 of the aforementioned Rules of Service states that, in addition to the academic and professional qualifications listed in Annex II for direct recruitment to the position, all candidates will have to appear and pass the Teacher Eligibility Test ( TET) For the Government with a minimum of 60% of qualifications in the case of candidates of general category and a minimum of 55% of qualifications in the case of candidates of SC / ST / OBC / MOBC / physically handicapped.
WHO CAN APPLY TEACHERS ELIGIBILITY TEST 2017
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen and should be a permanently resided in Assam. He/she must be a graduate who has 50% of the qualifications of a recognized University with B.T / B.Ed. From a recognized university.
- The candidate must have passed the HSLC exam or equivalent with the Assamese language as one of the subjects or have Diploma in the Assamish language issued by the Axhah Sahitya Sabha or read the HSLC level in Assamese Middle School.
- The candidate’s age must not be less than 18 years of age and not more than 43 years old as 01.01.2017. The relaxation of the upper age limit will be applicable for SC, ST (P), ST (H) for another 5 years according to the government of Assam OM No. ABP.06.2016.04 of 03.03.2016.
- The upper age limit can also be relaxed in the case of candidates working under the “Strengthening and Improving Quality Education in the State” scheme or contractual terms for a maximum period of up to 5 years and willing to participate In The Instant TET.
Best Books for TET 2017
You can buy some of the most recommended books for TET exam 2017 by clicking the buy buttons below 🙂
1. Child Development & Pedagogy
2. R. Gupta’s ASSAM-TET
3. R. Gupta’s CTET/STET’s
You can easily crack Teachers Eligibility Test Assam 2017 (TET) on going through these books. The books are recommended by the previous successful students who were qualified for TET. For more details about Teachers Eligibility Test Assam 2017 visit here.