Courtesy essay with quotations for 10th class
A “courtesy essay” is a type of essay that focuses on the concept of “courtesy,” which refers to polite, considerate, and respectful behavior towards others. In a courtesy essay, the writer may discuss the importance of courtesy to others.
He may provide examples of how to be courteous in different situations, and explain why practicing courtesy is critical to building and maintaining positive relationships.
My Hobby Essay Quotations For Students
A courtesy essay could also include examples of specific actions or behaviors that demonstrate courtesy. For example, a person might show courtesy by holding the door open for someone else.
This might be done by offering a kind word of encouragement or listening attentively to another person’s point of view.
- “Civility is not a matter of formality. It is a matter of respect.” (Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg)
- “Civility is not a means to an end, it is the end itself.” (Jonathan Rauch)
- “Civility is not just a social nicety. It is the grease that allows society to function.” (Maggie Gallagher)
- “Civility is not a trait of the weak, but of the strong. It takes more strength to be civil than to be rude.” (Dr. John F. Demartini)
- “Civility is not an option. It is an obligation of citizenship.” (Barack Obama)
- “Civility is not dead. It is simply waiting for us to invite it back into our lives.” (Author Unknown)
- “Civility is not a sign of weakness.” (John F. Kennedy)
- “Courtesy is the oil that eases the friction of daily living.” (Author Unknown)
- “A little courtesy goes a long way. Just a simple act of kindness can make a big difference in someone’s day.” (Author Unknown)
- “Consideration for others is the basis of a good life, a good society.” (Confucius)
- “Civility costs nothing and buys everything.” (Mary Wortley Montagu)
- “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- “The test of good manners is to be able to put up pleasantly with bad ones.” (Walter R. Agard)
- “Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” (Mark Twain)
- “Politeness costs nothing and gains everything.” Lady Montague
- “Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage.” Theodore Roosevelt
- “The true greatness of a person, in my view, is evident in the way he or she treats those with whom courtesy and kindness are not required.” Joseph B. Wirthlin
- “All doors open to courtesy.” Thomas Fuller
- A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love. Saint Basil
- “Courtesies of a small and trivial character are the ones which strike deepest in the grateful and appreciative heart.” Henry Clay
- “As we are, so we do; and as we do, so is it done to us; we are the builders of our fortunes.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Talk to strangers politely… Every friend you have now was once a stranger, although not every stranger becomes a friend.” Israelmore Ayivor
- “Not only the footwear, but wear also courtesy, respect, and gratitude in your heart while stepping out of the home.” Rupali Desai
- “Politeness is a desire to be treated politely, and to be esteemed polite by oneself.” Francois de La Rochefoucauld
Overall, a courtesy essay could be an effective way to explore courtesy and its importance in our lives. By discussing the meaning of courtesy, providing examples of courteous behavior, and highlighting the benefits of practicing courtesy, a writer could create a compelling and thoughtful essay on this critical topic.