What is Digital India – Digital India is a campaign launched by the Government of India with a vision to transform our country into a digitally empowered society by increasing internet connectivity and by making Digital Infrastructure a core utility to every citizen. It was launched with the objective of connecting the rural area with very high-speed internet connectivity to improve digital literacy on 1st July 2015 by the Prime Minister of India.
We, Team GuideToExam are trying to provide here different essays on Digital India to help the students according to the needs of students of different classes as “Essay on Digital India” is an important topic for students nowadays.
100 Word Essay on Digital India
Digital India program was launched on 1st July 2015 by the Prime Minister of India at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium, Delhi. The main objective of this campaign is to build transparent and responsive governance to reach out to the citizens and promote digital literacy in India. Ankia Fadia, India’s best Ethical Hacker was appointed as the brand ambassador of Digital India.
There are many advantages of Digital India. Some of them are like the Creation of digital Infrastructure, E-Governance simply the delivery of Government Services electronically. Although Governance can be made efficient and simple by implementing Digital India, it has some disadvantages also as Digital Media Manipulation, Social Disconnect, etc.
200 Word Essay on Digital India
Digital India campaign was started by the Government of India on 1st July 2015 in order to transform India for better growth and development. The first week of that July (From 1st July to 7 July) was called “Digital India Week” and it was inaugurated by Prime Minister of India in the presence of Cabinet Ministers and CEO’s of leading companies.
Some of the Key Vision areas of Digital India are –
- Digital Infrastructure should be a utility to every citizen – The core thing in Digital Infrastructure, availability of high-speed internet must be available to every citizen of the Nation. A high-speed internet connection plays a vital role in the growth of any business and service because it allows workers to share printers, share documents, storage space and many more.
- Availability of all Government services online – One of the key vision of Digital India was to make available all the Government services in real-time. All services across departments must be seamlessly integrated.
- Empower every citizen Digitally – Digital India is aimed to provide Universal Digital Literacy and all Digital Resources must be accessible easily.
- Taking in mind all the above visions, A program management structure was established for monitoring implementation of this campaign consists of a Monitoring Committee headed by the Prime Minister of India, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, Ministry of Communications and IT, an Apex Committee chaired by the Expenditure Finance Committee and the Cabinet Secretary.
Long Essay on Digital India
Digital India program was launched to ensure that the Government’s services are made available to citizens electronically by increasing internet connectivity to rural areas. It was one of the best schemes of the Government of India in order to transform our country for better growth and development.
Benefits of Digital India – Below are some of the possible benefits of Digital India
- Removal of Black Economy – One of the big advantages of Digital India is it can surely remove the Black Economy of our Nation. The government can efficiently ban Black Economy by using only digital payments and restricting cash-based transactions.
- Increase in Revenue – Monitoring the sales and taxes will become more convenient after the implementation of Digital India as the transactions will get digitalized, which results in an increase in revenue of the Government.
- Empowerment to most People – One more advantage of Digital India is that it will give empowerment to the peoples of India. As every individual must have a bank account and a mobile number, the Government can directly transfer the subsidies to their Adhar linked Bank Accounts. Some features like LPG subsidy that people give to common people via bank transfer is already running in most of the cities.
9 Pillers of Digital India – Digital India intends to provide push through 9 Pillars of growth area which are Broadband Highways, Mobile Connectivity, Public Internet Access, e-Government, e-Kranti, Information for All, Electronics Manufacturing, Information Technology for Jobs and some Early Harvest Programmes.
First Pillar of Digital India – Broadband Highways
Department of Telecommunication planned to implement Broadband Highways in rural areas with a capital expenditure of almost 32,000 Crores. The project intends to cover 250,000 Gram Panchayats out of which 50,000 would be covered in the 1st year while 200,000 would be covered in the next two years.
Second Pillar – Access to Mobile Connectivity to every person
This initiative focuses on filling the gaps in mobile connectivity as there are more than 50,000 villages in the country that don’t have mobile network connectivity. The Department of Telecommunication would be the Nodal Department and the project cost would be around 16,000 crores.
Third Pillar – Public Internet Access Programme
The Public Internet Access Programme or National Rural Internet Mission intends to provide customized content in local languages by converting Post Offices to Multi-Service centers.
Fourth Piller – eGovernance
eGovernance or Electronic Governance is the application of information and communication technology (ICT) used by Government Organisations for exchange of information with the citizen of the Nation and for delivering Government Services.
Fifth Pillar – eKranti
eKranti means electronic delivery of services to the citizens through integrated and interoperable systems via multiple modes. The key principle of eKranti was all applications are designed to enable the delivery of services through mobile in sectors like Banking, Insurance, Income Tax, Transport, Employment Exchange, etc.
Seventh Pillar – Electronics Manufacturing
Electronic Manufacturing is one of the most important pillars of Digital India. It focuses on promoting electronic manufacturing in the country with a target of “NET ZERO Imports”. Some of the widely focused areas of Electronic Manufacturing were Mobiles, Consumer & Medical Electronics, Smart Energy meters, Smart cards, micro-ATMs, Set-top boxes, etc.
Eighth Pillar – IT for Jobs
The main objective of this pillar is to train people in villages and in small towns for IT Sector Jobs. It also focuses on setting up BPO’s in every state in order to train service delivery agents to run viable businesses delivering IT services.
Ninth Pillar – Early Harvest Programmes
Early Harvest Programme consists of programmes which are to be implemented within a short timeline which includes Biometric Attendance, WiFi in all Universities, Public Wifi Hotspots, SMS based weather information, and disaster alerts, etc.
Though this “Essay on Digital India” is aimed to cover every aspect of the Digital India Programme, there may be some unwritten points. We will try to add more essays here for students of various levels. Stay tuned and keep reading!